The season of indulgence has drawn to a close and the New Year has arrived! What better time to give your life a good old spring cleaning?
The fact is that toxins are a part of life - they're in the air we breathe, the food we eat and even in our thoughts. While the body is designed to detoxify itself, an overloaded, under-maintained system can lead to toxic build-up, leaving us feeling heavy, drained, negative and at greater risk of disease.
There are simple things we can do to help clean the system: drink plenty of water and fresh juices, do lots of exercise, clean up our diet and make more natural, organic choices, etc. However, if you're looking for a deeper, more holistic cleanse, here are a few ways Kinesiology can help:
1. Identify nutritional deficiencies. Health, in simple terms, is determined by the ratio of toxins vs nutrients in the body. With the amount of heavy metals, food additives, pollutants and stress that we're exposed to on a daily basis, it's important that we replenish the body with the necessary nutrients in order for it to detoxify effectively.
2. Support your organs of detoxification. Kinesiology can identify and address functional imbalances in your liver, kidneys, spleen, skin, digestive, respiratory and lymphatic systems that might be leading to toxic build-up in your body.
3. Prepare you for a safe and effective detox. Every body is different, and with the multitude of detox programs on the market, it can be difficult to decide which one's right. Without proper supervision, a detox can be quite a shock to the system and end up doing more harm than good. Kinesiology can help identify the most suitable program for your body, and make sure that you're physically and mentally ready to benefit from the process.
4. Resolve toxic thoughts and emotions. Unresolved feelings such as anger, fear, jealousy or resentment can literally act like poison on the body. If you're feeling stuck in a negative situation, Kinesiology can be a very powerful tool in helping you let go and make space for more joy and abundance in your life.
If you're ready from some nourishment and rejuvenation, click here to book a New Year's session with one of our kinesiologists!
- Christina Paul, Kinesiologist